SACRAMENTO BEE SIT WITH VLADE SWEEPSTAKES
(1)NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Contest open to California residents 21 years of age or older. Contest begins on March 18, 2009, and ends March 29, 2009 at 12:00 PM (“Contest Period”). Contest is sponsored by The Sacramento Bee (“Sponsor”).
The Sweepstakes begins on March 18, 2009 and closes on March 27, 2009 at 12:00 PM. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes full and unconditional agreement and acceptance of these Sweepstakes Rules, which are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
(2)HOW TO ENTER: Entrants must register by March 29, 2009 12:00 PM during the contest period and entrant is automatically entered into contest drawing. All entries become property of The Sacramento Bee. LIMIT ONE ENTRY PER PERSON.
(i) Online Entry: Entrants can go to Sacbee.com/vip, click on the “Sit with Vlade” icon and submit requested data. The online Sweepstakes will begin on March 18, 2009 and end on March 29, 2009 at 12:00 pm. The Sacramento Bee, The Sacramento Kings Limited Partnership, LP, the National Basketball Association and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc. (a.k.a. Sponsors), and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees, licenses, directors, owners, employees and agents, assumes no responsibility for entries they are unable to process due to network, hardware or other technical failures, or for incomplete, damaged, misdirected, illegible or lost entries. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, operation of the website or otherwise in violation of the rules and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate or modify this sweepstakes if not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, technical corruption, non-authorized human intervention or force majeure. The use of automated entry devices or any other conduct that impedes the integrity of the sweepstakes is prohibited. One (1) entry per person, per day.
(3) SELECTION OF WINNERS: One winner will be selected at random from registered entrants at the end of the Contest Period. Winner will be notified by 5:00 PM, March 27, 2009.
The Selected Entrant will be required to respond (as directed) to the phone and/or e-mail notification within 72 hours of attempted notification. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize and, in such case, Sponsor may randomly select an alternate entrant from among the remaining eligible entries. Each selected entrant may also be sent a declaration of eligibility / liability / publicity release (“Release”). Unless restricted by law, the Selected Entrant will be required to complete and return the Release within the time period specified therein. The prize may be forfeited and, in such case, an alternate selected entrant may be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries if the Selected Entrant: (i) cannot be reached; (ii) fails to provide all necessary signatures on the Release and to return the documents in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules; or (iii) cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason.
(4) Who Can Play: Sweepstakes is open to residents of Northern California, except employees and immediate families (siblings and children) of the Sacramento Bee, The Sacramento Kings Limited Partnership, LP, the National Basketball Association and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees, licenses, directors, owners, employees and agents.
(5) ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning depend on total number of entries.
(6) Grand Prize: One (1) entrant will be selected in a random drawing to determine the winner. The winner will be chosen for the grand prize in a random drawing from all eligible entries. The winner will be notified by March 30, 2009 by Noon; the notification may be made via telephone call or email message. In the event the winner cannot be contacted or declines the prize, an alternate winner will be selected. THE SACRAMENTO BEE SIT WITH VLADE SWEEPSTAKES includes an opportunity for the winner to receive a Once in a Lifetime Retirement Experience, that includes the opportunity for the winner and one (1) guest to attend the Vlade Divac Retirement Ceremony at the Kings vs. New Orleans game on March 31, 2009 (ARCO Arena, One Sports Parkway, Sacramento, CA 95834), sit near Vlade Divac’s seat during the game, Dinner for two (2) at the Skyline Lounge (ARCO Arena, One Sports Parkway, Sacramento, CA 95834), and receive two (2) VIP tickets to the Tunel 21 Timeless Postgame Party (926 2nd Street, Sacramento, CA 95814). Total sweepstakes prize value is approximately $1,000.
(4) Winners are solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes unless otherwise indicated. No substitution, cash equivalent or transfer of prize permitted except at the team’s option for a prize of comparable or greater value.
(6) The winner’s names can be obtained after April 15, 2009, by writing to: “THE SACRAMENTO BEE SIT WITH VLADE SWEEPSTAKES” ARCO Arena, One Sports Parkway, Sacramento, CA 95834: Attention: Strategic Alliance
(7) By entering, entrant agrees to follow the Official Rules and hold harmless and indemnify Sponsors and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, owners, employees and agents against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), with respect to or arising out of either (i) entrant’s participation; or (ii) the receipt or use of the prizes awarded in the promotion.
(8)CONDITIONS: Contest is subject to these Official Rules. By participating, entrants and their parents/legal guardians agree: (i) to be bound by these complete Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsors which shall be final and binding; and (ii) to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules, except where prohibited by law. By accepting a prize, winner agrees to release Sponsors, together with the respective directors, employees, officers, licensees, licensors and agents of each, including without limitation, their respective advertising and promotion entities and any person or entity associated with the production, judging, or administration of the Contest, (collectively, the Releasees) from any and all liability, loss or damage arising from or in connection with awarding, receipt and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize-related activities. This Contest is void outside California, and where prohibited or restricted by law, and subject to applicable federal, state provincial and local laws. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or violating these Official Rules. The Releases shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize, or from participation in the Contest; or (v) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
Sponsors disclaim any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Contest, and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control, corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Contest. Sponsors may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines such entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other players or Sponsors’ representatives. Disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or this Contest will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California with the exception of its choice of law rules. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction within the United States.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR INTERFERE WITH THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION
(9) In consideration for being awarded a prize, winner hereby agrees and consents, without further authorization, compensation or remuneration of any kind, to the use of winner’s name and/or likeness in any and all advertising, promotions and other publicity conducted by The Sacramento Bee, The Sacramento Kings Limited Partnership, LP, and/or the National Basketball Association and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, except were prohibited by law.
(10) Sweepstakes void where prohibited. Before being awarded a prize, potential winners and his/her companions/guests must sign a Sacramento Kings Limited Partnership, LP, standard form of Declaration, Release and Waiver Form, releasing the Released Parties from any and all liability arising from, among other things: (i) participation in the Sweepstakes; and (ii) acceptance of the prizes awarded therein; and (iii) the administration of the Sweepstakes and distribution of the prizes awarded therein.
(11) Liability Agreement: By entering, entrant agrees to follow the Official Rules and hold harmless and indemnify Sponsors, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), with respect to or arising out of either (i) entrant’s participation; or (ii) the receipt or use of the prizes awarded in the promotion.
By entering the Sweepstakes, each winner grants to Sponsors the right to the use of his or her name, likeness or photograph without compensation in any publicity or for promotional purposes carried out by the above parties. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash or otherwise.
Sponsors, reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value and/or to terminate, modify or withdraw this Sweepstakes, in whole or in part (including altering the manner in which the prizes are distributed), at any time, without prior notice for any reason including, but not limited to, the delay or cancellation of the event for which the Grand Prize is awarded, or, if viruses, bugs, tampering or other causes beyond the Sponsors, control affect the administration, security, fairness or proper play or conduct of the Sweepstakes. In the event a substitute prize is awarded, such prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be exchanged for cash or otherwise. Further, Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any person and void any entries of that person who it believes has tampered with the entry process or any other component of the Sweepstakes, whose conduct or action affects the administration, security or fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, or who fails to meet or abide by the Sweepstakes Rules and conditions.
The Sacramento Bee and The Sacramento Kings Limited Partnership, LP, does not assume any responsibility for tampering, theft, defects, viruses, human errors including negligence, deletions, technical or telephone, computer line, network, server, access providers, computer equipment or software problems, undeliverable messages, computer errors, lost, misdirected, late or incomplete entries or inaccurate capture of information or any online difficulties that may result in damage or malfunction the computer or the failure of Sponsors to process any entry and otherwise award any prize. Nor is responsibility assumed for printing errors appearing in these rules or related Sweepstakes materials. In addition, Sponsors, will not assume any responsibility of any nature whatsoever in all cases where their inability to hold the Sweepstakes or to remit the prizes to the winners results from a cause beyond their control, including Acts of God, weather conditions, strike, lock-out or other labor dispute. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should an attempt be made, Sponsors, reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.